To Inspire Creativity
Questions that occurred when researching
- What is 'creativity'?
- How is 'creativity' defined?
- Is creativity an important trait?
- Do people reject creativity?
- Is creativity encourage among children?
- At what age does creativity stop?
- Why do people stop thinking creatively?
- Can creativity be found in other occupational fields beside the arts?
- Is the creativity process different for everyone?
- What is creative confidence?
- Evolution of Creativity
- Nature vs. Nurture
I conducted a random sample survey of 50 students at York University within different occupational fields.
- What occupational field are you studying within?
- How do you define creativity?
- What subjects do you feel creative in?
- Do you consider creativity as an important asset?
- Would you define yourself as being creative?
- Would you consider your parents' creative?
- Was creativity promotes while growing up?
- How often does creativity emerge for you?
- List three words that come to mind when you think of creativity?
- Most people had an association of creativity being linked to arts
98% of people considered Creativity as an important asset
Creativity is based on both nature and nurture forces
Creativity isn't instantaneous
Objective: To help people with their creative confidence by getting them to think "outside of the box"
Target Audience: High schoolers from the age of 12 to 18 years old
- According to the Erik Erikson’s theory of psychosocial development, this stage is development is called identity versus confusion. They are questioning, "Who am I?".
Individuals are saddling between of their independences and development a sense of their individuality. Those who receive proper encouragement and reinforcement through personal exploration will emerge from this stage with a strong sense of independence and control. Those who remain unsure of their beliefs and desires will stay confused and insecure about themselves and the future.
Within 24 weeks, I developed a design brief, personas, flow chart, infrastructure, low fidelity visuals, high fidelity visuals, prototype, user research and launch page for Ripple.